- +2 Strength, +2 Constitution: Lizardfolk are sturdy and strong.
- Medium: Lizardfolk are Medium creatures and have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Normal Speed: Base speed of 30 feet.
- Tough Scales: Lizardfolk have tough scaly skin, granting them a +2 natural armor bonus.
- Swim: Lizardfolk have a swim speed of 30 feet and gain the +8 racial bonus on Swim checks
- Hold Breath: Lizardfolk can hold their breath for a number of rounds equal to four times their constitution score before risking drowning or suffocating.
- Claws: Lizardfolk possess natural claw attacks that inflict 1d4 points of damage on a successful hit. This is a primary attack, or a secondary attack if the lizardfolk wields a manufactured weapon.
- Four-legged: Lizardfolk are equally comfortable on two legs or four. A lizardfolk on all fours gains a 10ft racial bonus to their base movement speed and is treated as having the Run feat. Dropping to all fours is a free action that does not provoke attacks of opportunity; standing back up is a move action that does. A prone lizardfolk still needs to stand back up to return to a four-legged stance (provoking attacks of opportunity), but it also retains the option of crawling as normal. While running on all fours hands cannot be used for any other purposes.
- Languages: Lizardfolk start speaking Draconic. Lizardfolk with a high Intelligence score can choose from Common, Kobold, Sylvan, Infernal, Elven
Alternate Racial Traits
- Pragmatic: Some lizardfolk develop a more ruthless way of thinking, weighing everything mechanically. These lizardfolk are usually referred to as 'Cold-Blooded' by other species, or even their own kind. These lizardfolk gain a +2 racial bonus to Intelligence and take a -2 penalty to Charisma.
- Well Balanced: Some lizardfolk are better adapted for marshy territory, such lizardfolk gain a +2 bonus to Acrobatics and can move through Swamp terrain at their base speed, regardless of natural difficult terrain. Magically altered terrain affects them normally. This replaces Tough Scales.
- Rock Lizard: Lizardfolk in rocky terrain have sucker pads or hooked claws for clinging onto rocks, rather than webbed feet and specialised tails. They receive a Climb Speed of 20ft and a +8 racial bonus to Climb checks. This replaces the Swim trait.
- Desert Monitor: These heat-enduring gain Endurance as a bonus feat, receiving a +4 bonus on Constitution checks and Fortitude saves to avoid fatigue and exhaustion, as well as any other ill effects from running, forced marches, starvation, thirst, and hot or cold environments. This replaces the Swim racial trait.
- Sea-scale: Building communities or outposts along coastlines or even underwater, some Lizardfolk are almost completely adapted to aquatic conditions, gaining the Amphibious subtype and the ability to breathe underwater. This replaces the Four-legged racial trait.
- Poison Dusk: Some Lizardfolk are smaller than their brethren and have an innate knack for poison. These Lizardfolk are of small size, with +2 Dexterity and +2 Constitution, are skilled in Poison Use and never risk poisoning themselves. This replaces Hold Breath, Medium size, and lizardfolk racial ability modifiers.
- Camouflage: Some lizardfolk are adapted for a particular environment, their skin or scales giving them a +4 racial bonus to Stealth and Survival checks while in their adapted terrain. Adapted terrain must be chosen at first level, and once chosen cannot be changed. This replaces the Tough Scales racial trait.
- Venomous bite: Lizardfolk with this trait gain a Primary Bite attack dealing 1d3 damage on a successful hit, which can also deliver a lethal toxin. This venom can also be used to coat a weapon, and is applied as a swift action. This can be used a number of times per day equal to the lizardfolk's constitution modifier (minimum 1/day). This replaces the Claws racial trait.
Lizardfolk Venom: Injury; save Fort DC10 + 1/2 HD + Con modifier; frequency 1/round for 6 rounds; effect 1d2 Str; cure 1 save.
Some Lizardfolk are less distantly related to dragons than others, with their heritage showing mainly in a stronger force of personality, but also in their draconic resistance and elemental breath.
- +2 Strength, +2 Charisma: Just as strong and more charismatic, but slightly less hardy. This alters the lizardfolk racial ability modifiers.
- Dragon: Draconic lizardfolk's creature type changes to Dragon and they gain Darkvision 60ft, but do not gain Immunity to magical paralysis and sleep effects.
- Elemental Resistance: As part of their Draconic heritage these lizardfolk gain Resistance 5 + their HD to their corresponding element, as defined by the type of dragon they descend from. This replaces the Tough Scales racial trait.
- Breath Weapon: Once per day these lizardfolk can make a supernatural breath attack that deals HDd6 elemental damage in a 15ft cone or 20ft line. The nature and shape of this attack depends on the draconic heritage of the lizardfolk. All creatures within the area must make a Reflex save for half damage, DC10 + 1/2 the user's HD + the user's constitution modifier.
- Draconic Lizardfolk lose the Swim and Hold Breath racial traits.
Draconic Lizardfolk are otherwise identical to standard lizardfolk, with +0 LA
In particularly harsh areas lizardfolk adapt to be larger and stronger in order to survive. The generally darker pigmentation of these lizardfolk lends itself to their name.
- +4 Strength, -2 Dexterity, +2 Constitution: Strong and hardy, but their size makes them less agile than regular lizardfolk.
- Large: Large species take a –1 size penalty to their AC, a –1 size penalty on attack rolls, a +1 bonus on combat maneuver checks and to their CMD, and a –4 size penalty on Stealth checks. A Blackscale's claws increase in damage to 1d6 each.
- Reach: Their size grants Blackscales a 10ft reach with wielded weapons or natural attacks.
- Mighty Jaws: If they didn't already have one, a Blackscale gains a bite attack dealing 1d6 damage.
- Powerful Tail: Blackscales can use their tails to make attacks of opportunity, dealing 1d10 damage + 1 1/2 their Strength modifier on a successful attack.
Blackscale Lizardfolk are otherwise identical to standard lizardfolk, with +1 LA
Some lizardfolk have fiendish blood, which can express itself similarly to tieflings, save more pronounced. Such lizardfolk often have fiendish colouration or patterns on their scales, and wings which they can use to propel themselves, if not very gracefully. Such lizardfolk often assume command, seeing their heritage as right of leadership.
- Outsider(native): Lizard KQ creature type changes to Outsider.
- Darkvision: Lizard KQ gain Darkvision, and can see perfectly in the dark to a range of 60ft.
- Fiendish Resistances: Lizard KQ gain Resistance to Cold, Fire and Electricity equal to their HD.
- Spell-like Ability: Lizard KQ can cast Darkness 1/day, using their HD as CL.
- Wings: Lizard KQ have a pair of wings, granting them a fly speed of 30ft(clumsy). These wings are useless for making natural attacks with.
Lizard Kings/Queens are otherwise identical to standard lizardfolk, with +1 LA
- Spellhide: Some Lizard KQ have hide that is resistant to spells, rather than the elements. These Lizard KQ gain SR equal to 6 + their HD. This replace the Fiendish Resistances trait.