Standard Racial Traits
- Ability Score Racial Traits: Maulen are sociable and agile, but often lack common sense. They gain +2 Dexterity, +2 Charisma, -2 Wisdom.
- Type: Maulen are humanoids with the catfolk subtype.
- Size: Maulen are Medium creatures and have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Base speed: Maulen have a base speed of 30 feet.
- Languages: Maulen begin play speaking Common and Maulen. Maulen with high Intelligence scores can choose from the following: Elven, Gnoll, Gnome, Goblin, Halfling, Orc, and Sylvan.
Defense Racial Traits
- Cat's Luck (Ex) Once per day when a maulen makes a Reflex saving throw, he can roll the saving throw twice and take the better result. He must decide to use this ability before the saving throw is attempted.
Feat and Skill Racial Traits
- Natural Hunter: Maulen receive a +2 racial bonus on Perception, Stealth, and Survival checks.
Movement Racial Traits
- Sprinter: Maulen gain a 10-foot racial bonus to their speed when using the charge, run, or withdraw actions.
Senses Racial Traits
- Low-Light Vision: Maulen have low-light vision allowing them to see twice as far as humans in dim light.
Alternate Racial Traits
- Cat’s Claws Some maulen have stronger and more developed claws than other members of their race, and can use them to make attacks. Maulen with this racial trait have a pair of claws they can use as natural weapons. These claws are primary attacks that deal 1d4 points of damage. This racial trait replaces natural hunter.
- Clever Cat A maulen’s generally friendly disposition doesn’t preclude craftiness. Some of them see social obstacles as games to be played and won. These maulen receive a +2 racial bonus on Bluff, Diplomacy, and Sense Motive checks. This racial trait replaces natural hunter.
- Climber Maulen hunters excel at hunting prey from trees and other high vantage points. Maulen with this racial trait possess a climb speed of 20 feet (along with the +8 racial bonus on Climb checks a climb speed affords). This racial trait replaces sprinter.
- Curiosity Maulen are naturally inquisitive about the world around them, though some are more curious than others. Such maulen gain a +4 bonus on Diplomacy checks to gather information, and Knowledge (history) and Knowledge (local) are always class skills for them. If they choose a class that has either of these Knowledge skills as class skills, they gain a +2 racial bonus on those skills instead. This racial trait replaces natural hunter.
- Jungle Stalker Maulen often live in deeply forested terrain and they have become naturally sure-footed to maintain their hunting prowess in these dangerous environments. Such maulen gain a +2 racial bonus on Acrobatics checks and can ignore the first square of difficult terrain caused by foliage each round. This racial trait replaces cat’s luck and sprinter. Source PCS:ISR
- Nimble Faller Some maulen have an amazing sense of balance and keen knowledge of their own center of gravity. Maulen with this trait land on their feet even when they take lethal damage from a fall. Furthermore, maulen with this trait gain a +1 bonus to their CMD against trip maneuvers. This racial trait replaces sprinter.
- Scent Some maulen favor a keen sense of smell over sensitive sight. Maulen with this racial trait gain the scent ability. This racial trait replaces the low-light vision racial trait.