- +2 Dexterity, +2 Wisdom, -2 Strength: Water genasi are both perceptive and agile, but tend to adapt rather than match force with force.
- Medium: Water genasi are Medium creatures and have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Normal speed: Water genasi have a base speed of 30 feet on land. They also have a swim speed of 30 feet, can move in water without making Swim checks, and always treat Swim as a class skill.
- Darkvision: Water genasi can see in the dark up to 60 feet.
- Spell-Like Ability: Water genasi can use hydraulic push 1/day (caster level equals the water genasi's level).
- Energy Resistance: Water genasi have cold resistance 5.
- Water Affinity: Water genasi sorcerers with the elemental (water) bloodline treat their Charisma score as 2 points higher for all sorcerer spells and class abilities. Water genasi clerics with the Water domain cast their Water domain powers and spells at +1 caster level.
- Outsider: Water genasi are native outsiders.
- Languages: Water genasi begin play speaking Common and Aquan. Water genasi with high Intelligence scores can choose from the following: Auran, Elven, Ignan, and Terran.
Alternate Racial Traits
- Acid Breath: Water genasi whose outsider heritage can be traced to a water mephit can wield acid as a weapon. Such a water genasi has a breath weapon that is a 5-foot cone of acidic water usable once per day. The breath deals 1d8 points of acid damage per two character levels (maximum 5d8). A Reflex saving throw (DC 10 + 1/2 the water genasi's level + the water genasi's Constitution modifier) halves the damage. This racial trait replaces the spell-like ability racial trait.
- Amphibious: Some water genasi are born with a permanent bond to water. Water genasi with this racial trait gain the aquatic subtype and amphibious special quality. This racial trait replaces the spell-like ability racial trait.
- Deepsight: The eyes of some water genasi are especially adapted to the lightless depths of the oceans, but not to air-filled environments. A water genasi with this racial trait has darkvision 120 feet when underwater, but otherwise has no darkvision at all. This racial trait replaces darkvision.
- Flesh Chameleon: Some water genasi can change their coloration to match human skin tones. As a standard action, a water genasi with this racial trait can change her natural hue to match any normal human skin tone, and can revert to normal as a free action. This grants a +4 racial bonus on Disguise checks to appear human. This racial trait replaces energy resistance.
- Hydrated Vitality: A water genasi with this racial trait gains fast healing 2 for 1 round anytime she submerges completely within a body of natural salt water, fresh water, or brackish water. Stagnant, poisoned, or trapped water (such as an artificial pit or a bag of holding) does not activate this ability. The water genasi can heal up to 2 hit points per level per day with this ability, after which it ceases to function. This racial trait replaces water affinity.
- Nereid Fascination: Some water genasi can trace their ancestry to nereids as well as to outsiders. Once per day as a standard action, such a water genasi can create a 20-foot-radius aura that causes humanoids within the aura's range to become fascinated with her for a number of rounds equal to 1/2 the water genasi's character level (minimum 1). Targets may resist with a Will save (DC 10 + 1/2 the water genasi's level + the water genasi's Charisma modifier). This is a supernatural ability. This racial trait replaces the spell-like ability racial trait.
- Ooze Breath: Some water genasi's outsider heritage can be traced to ooze mephits. These water genasi have a breath weapon that is a 5-foot cone of slime usable once per day. The slime deals 1d4 points of acid damage per two character levels (maximum 5d4) and sickens creatures in the area for 3 rounds. A successful Reflex saving throw (DC 10 + 1/2 the water genasi's level + the water genasi's Constitution modifier) halves the damage and negates the sickened effect. This racial trait replaces the spell-like ability racial trait.
- Terrain Chameleon: Some water genasi can change their coloration to blend in with underwater terrain, mixing browns, grays, and greens to resemble kelp or other natural water plants. As a standard action, a water genasi with this racial trait can change her coloration, gaining a +4 bonus on Stealth checks in underwater environments. She can return to normal as a free action. This racial trait replaces energy resistance.
- Water Sense: Water genasi with this racial trait can sense vibrations in water, granting them blindsense 30 feet against creatures in contact with the same body of water. This racial trait replaces energy resistance.
Favored Class Options
- Bard: Add a +1 bonus on Perform checks to use the countersong bardic performance against creatures with the aquatic or water subtypes.
- Cleric: Add a +1 bonus on caster level checks to overcome the spell resistance of creatures with the aquatic or water subtype.
- Druid: Add a +1 bonus on wild empathy checks to influence animals and magical beasts with the aquatic subtype.
- Monk: Add +1 to the monk's CMD when resisting a grapple and +1/3 to the number of stunning attacks he can attempt per day.
- Sorcerer: Add a +1 bonus on caster level checks to cast spells underwater.
- Summoner: If the summoner's eidolon has an aquatic base form, add +5 feet to the range of the summoner's life link ability.
- Wizard: Add one spell from the cleric, druid, or wizard spell list with the water descriptor to the wizard's spellbook. This spell must be at least one level below the highest spell level he can cast. This spell is treated as one level higher unless it also appears on the wizard spell list.