- +2 Dexterity, +2 Intelligence, -2 Charisma: Smoke genasi are naturally quick and intelligent but are often unpleasant.
- Medium: Smoke genasi are Medium creatures and have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Normal speed: Smoke genasi have a base speed of 30 feet.
- Darkvision: Smoke genasi can see in the dark up to 60 feet.
- Smoke Cloud (Su): Smoke genasi can create a smoke cloud once per day. This ability functions exactly like the effect of the pyrotechnics spell of the same name, except that the smoke genasi does not require an open flame to use it. The smoke genasi uses this ability as a sorcerer of his character level.
- Smoke Resistance (Ex): +1 racial bonus on saving throws against all smoke and cloud-type spells and effects (such as stinking cloud and cloudkill). This bonus increases by +1 for every five class levels.
- Outsider: Smoke genasi are native outsiders.
- Languages: Smoke genasi begin play speaking Common and either Auran or Ignan. Smoke genasi with high Intelligence scores can choose from the following: Aquan, Auran, Ignan, and Terran.