CR 11 (12800 XP)
Usually LN Medium aberration (extraplanar, psionic)
Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft., true seeing; Perception +16
AC 19, touch 11, flat-footed 18 (+1 Dex, +8 natural)
hp 75 (10d8+30)
Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +12
Defensive Abilities all-around vision
Speed Fly 15 ft. (perfect)
Melee 3 bite +7 (1d6+1)
Ranged 6 eye rays +8 ranged touch (effect varies)
Special Attacks blood drain (1d2 Con), central eyes, eye rays
Psi-Like Abilities (ML 10th; concentration +14; ranged touch +8):
At will—control object, mindlink, read thoughts (DC 16), sense minds
7/day—brain lock (DC 16), chameleon, telekinetic force (DC 17)
Str 11, Dex 12, Con 17, Int 20, Wis 17, Cha 19
Feats Iron Will, Power Penetration, Scholar (Planes, Psionics), Skill Focus (Knowledge (Planes)), Skill Focus (Stealth)
Skills Fly +17, Knowledge (Planes) +24, Knowledge (Psionics) +12, Knowledge (Any other 5) +10, Perception +16, Psicraft +16, Sense Motive +13, Spellcraft +13, Stealth +20
Skill Points 90
Languages Common, Bladeling, Celestial, Draconic, Modron, Infernal; mindlink
SQ central eyes, trimouthed
Environment Outlands or Lawful Plane; any secluded
Central Eyes (Su): The central eyes of an observer have two effects. First, they can generate a force allowing them to bull rush one creature a round of under 1000 pounds. This effect functions at a CMB of 19, always pushing the target as far as possible, and even if the target succeeds against the check to bull rush, they are unable to move any nearer to the observer this round. This effect does not require the observer to move. Second, all three of an observer's central eyes act as though the observer had a constant true seeing effect.
Eye Rays (Su): Each of an observer's six eye rays resembles a spell cast by a 10th-level caster. Each eye ray has a range of 90 feet and a save DC of 19. The save DCs are Charisma-based. The six eye rays include:
- Cone of Cold: The target is affected as cone of cold; they receive 10d6 cold damage, Reflex save for half.
- Domination: The target must succeed on a Will save or be affected as dominate monster.
- Enervation: The target is affected as enervation; they gain 1d4 negative levels that persist for 10 hours.
- Fear: The target must succeed on a Will save or be affected as fear.
- Finger of Death: The target is affected as finger of death; on a failed Fortitude save, they take 100 damage, while on a successful Fortitude save, they take 3d6+10 damage.
- Magic Missile: The target is affected as though the target of all missiles from a magic missile spell; they take 5d4+5 force damage.
Trimouthed (Ex): An observer cannot strike any single opponent more than once in a single round with its bite attack; all bite attacks must be directed against separate targets. However, it can grapple up to three adjacent opponents at once, one with each of its mouths. Further, each grappled opponent can be blood-drained separately.
- Planescape Monstrous Compendium Appendix II, pp.70-71