Changelings as PCs
- Ability Adjustments: Changeling characters get a +2 bonus to one ability score of their choice at creation to represent their varied nature.
- Senses: darkvision (60 feet.)
- Racial skill bonuses: +2 racial bonus on Bluff and Sense Motive checks.
- Outsider: Changelings are native outsiders with the shapechanger subtype.
- Change Form (Su): Changelings have the supernatural ability to alter their appearance as though using a disguise self spell that affects their bodies but not their possessions. This ability is not an illusory effect, but a minor physical alteration of a changeling’s facial features, skin color and texture, and size, within the limits described for the spell. For the purposes of this ability, the changeling's type is "humanoid". A changeling can use this ability at will, and the alteration lasts until she changes shape again. A changeling reverts to her natural form when killed. A true seeing spell reveals her natural form. Specific people cannot easily be mimicked with this ability, and as such the usual +10 bonus to Disguise does not apply when using this ability to take the form of a specific individual for people that know what the individual looks like.
- Languages: Changelings begin play speaking Common as well as the native language of their non-ancestral parent, if any. Changelings with high Intelligence scores can choose any of the following bonus languages: Abyssal, Eladrin, Slaadi, Sylvan.
- Eberron Campaign Setting, pg.13